Chicken marinated, fried, and covered in a spicy and tangy sauce. Served with egg-fried rice, Manchurian, or Singaporean fried rice.
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. pepper powder
- 1 tsp. ginger paste
- 5 tsp. garlic paste
- 5 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 4 tbsp. corn flour / corn starch
- Boneless chicken (2 breast pieces)
- Vegetable oil
- ½ cup split cashewnut
- One spring onion
- One capsicum
- 1 tbsp. garlic
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 2 tbsp. regular soy sauce
- ¼ cup tomato ketchup
- Dried red chili
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 12 tsp. ajinomoto (optional)
- Cut and clean chicken breast in to small strips.
- This step is all about marinating the chicken. Take a bowl and mix corn flour, all-purpose flour, ginger and garlic paste, chili powder, pepper powder, soy sauce, and salt. Now beat an egg in this mix. Marinate chicken in this and leave for at least one hour.
- Heat some oil in a pan. After the oil is hot fry the marinated chicken until golden brown.
- Fry cashew and set them aside.
- Crush or grind ginger and garlic into fine paste. Now chop spring onion into small pieces.
- Cut bell pepper into thin strips. Split dried red chili and have it ready.
- On medium flame heat some oil and sautee garlic and ginger. After 2-3 minutes add dried red chili and stir.
- Add chopped onion and stir-fry for a minute. Now add bell pepper and stir.
- Pour soy sauce and tomato ketchup. Add the sauces, sugar, and ajinomoto into the pan and mix.
- On medium high flame, add fried chicken pieces and toss half of the spring onion greens and fried cashew nuts. Mix everything.
- Now sprinkle some sesame and serve them with rice.
How is chicken dragon served?
Serving dragon chicken with rice makes your meal 5x better.
What are the main ingredients for cooking dragon chicken?
Here is the list of main ingredients:
- Boneless Chicken
- Ginger and garlic paste
- Dried red chili