Salmon fish has impressive health benefits. It provides our body vitamin B and is high at potassium where as its combo with tomato sauce cooked on coal gives amazing taste. Here is a mouth watering recipe.
- 1 pound fresh salmon, 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cedar grill plank
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cholula Chipotle hot sauce
For Tomato Salsa
- 2 cups red cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup garlic, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
Directions to follow
- Take a shallow dish and place fish. Take a small bowl a mix brown sugar, salt, and black pepper. Now rub evenly over salmon with your fingers. marinate and refrigerator for 8 to 24 hours.
- Wet cedar grill plank under running water.
- For a charcoal grill, arrange medium-hot coals around edge of grill. Place fish on cedar grill plank.
- Cover and grill until fish begins to flake when tested with a fork.
- Now cut salmon into four or six pieces and now prepare tomato sauce.
Prepare the sauce
- Take a large bowl combine red cherry tomatoes, yellow cherry tomatoes, sliced garlic, cup olive oil, and fresh thyme.
- Pour tomato mixture to a grill basket.
- now grill tomato mixture in basket on the rack of an uncovered grill over medium coals until tomatoes are softened and slightly charred but still retain their shape, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and black pepper and top with Cholula Chipotle to taste.
Serve the fish and tomato sauce together. Your perfect meal of the day!
Why salmon is so expensive?
Wild salmon is expensive for the same reason most things are expensive – supply exceeds demand. Rising middle classes in China and elsewhere around the world are competing for this very special food and there is only so much to go around. This all adds up to some of the most pristine wild salmon habitat in the world.
What are the benefits of salmon fish?
- Rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids. Salmon is one of the best sources of the long-chain omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA
- Great Source of Protein
- High in B Vitamins
- Good Source of Potassium
- Loaded With Selenium
- Contains the Antioxidant Astaxanthin
- May Reduce the Risk of Heart Disease
- May Benefit Weight Control
What tomatoes are best for salsa?
Roasted Roma or heirloom tomatoes (especially fire-roasted) make a great addition to salsa, but of course, it’s not really “cruda” anymore if you cook any of the ingredients. Do yourself a favor and don’t use the plum tomatoes in a can; they’re plenty juicy but have almost no seeds and no flavor.