Comfort food at its best, hot and sour soup goes for summers and winters. Health and deliciousness all in one bowl.
- 5-6 French beans
- 1 medium sized carrot
- ¼ cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup green cabbage
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 small green capsicum
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoon spring onions (chopped)
- 2 tablespoon ginger, garlic, green chili (crushed)
- 6 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 4 tablespoon red chili sauce
- 5 tablespoon vinegar
- 4 cups water or vegetable stock
- Salt (to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- 3 tablespoon corn flour
- ¼ cup spring greens (finely chopped)
- 5 table spoon red chili oil
- Firstly, cut beans, capsicum, cabbage, carrots, and mushrooms into julienning cut finely.
- Take a wok and pour oil in it. When it starts smoking, lower the flame and dd crushed ginger-garlic green chili and sliced vegetables.
- Stir fry the vegetables at high flame.
- Add water or vegetable stock and boil on high flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Once boiled, add dark soy sauce followed by white vinegar and red chili sauce and mix it well.
- Now add salt, black pepper and sugar and stir it. Sugar is used not to make it sweet but to balance salt and heat.
- Next step is to add the mushrooms and bean sprouts. Do not mix.
- Mix corn flour with water in a separate bowl until no lumps are seen. Now add this mixture in to the boiling soup.
- To finish, stir and add spring greens.
- Finally, pour red chili oil all over the soup to serve.
Hearty and savory, hot and sour soup is definitely food for the soul. As an appetizer or a meal, it will definitely leave you hungry for more.