Cardamom Panna Cotta
|double cream||1 1/2 cup|
|milk||1 1/2 cup|
|caster sugar||1/2 cup|
|green cardamom, lightly crushed||4|
Cardamom Panna Cotta Directions
- Place the 4 gelatine leaves into a bowl and cover with cold water. Allow the leaves to rehydrate for 5 minutes.
- Into a small saucepan add the double cream, milk, cardamom, and caster sugar. Warm to a simmer then remove from the heat and allow the cardamom to infuse for 10 minutes (the longer you leave the infusion the stronger the flavor of cardamom will be).
- Remove the gelatine leaves from the water and squeeze out any excess liquid. Add the gelatine leaves to the saucepan of cream and dissolve.
- Strain the cream mixture into a jug to remove the cardamom pods then pour evenly into four ramekins.
- Transfer the ramekins to the refrigerator and chill for at least 2 hours, up to overnight.
- After chilling remove the cardamom panna cotta from the fridge, dip the ramekins in warm water and turn out onto individual plates.
- Optionally garnish with grated cardamom and serve.