|vegetable oil||1 tbsp|
|pork fillet, thinly sliced||1lb|
|onion, thinly sliced||2|
|button mushroom, thinly sliced||14 oz|
|garlic, finely chopped||1 clove|
|beef stock||1 cup|
|wholegrain mustard||1 tbsp|
|sour cream||1 cup|
Pork Stroganoff Directions:
- Place a large sauté pan on high heat and add the vegetable oil. Once the oil is very hot add the thinly sliced pork fillet and sear for 30 seconds. Then turn the pork and sear for a further 30 seconds. Remove the meat from the pan and set aside.
- Return the sauté pan to the hob and change the heat to medium. Add the butter and heat. When the butter has melted and the onion and sweat for 3 minutes.
- Once the onion has softened slightly add the mushroom and garlic, cook for 2 minutes. Then pour in the brandy and reduce to deglaze.
- Next add the beef stock, mustard, and sour cream. Bring the sauce to a simmer and reduce for 5 minutes.
- When the sauce has thickened, return the seared pork to the pan and warm through.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley through the pork stroganoff and serve alongside rice, mashed potato, or tagliatelle.