Carmel Bed And Breakfasts
Carmel-by-the- Sea, a little seaside town on California’s Monterey Peninsula, is decorated in a typically Mediterranean fashion. In addition to excellent museums, art galleries, & boutique boutiques, further investigation reveals that it also boasts sandy beaches, lovely state parks, and surrounding wineries. This tranquil setting is perfect for a couple’s retreat, a family vacation, or any other type of trip you can think of. Its location between Monterey and Big Sur is ideal.
Carmel-by-the-Sea, California receives more than 400 million annual tourists, and HotelsCombined has located the top B&Bs in the area. These little hotels provide guests with a range of convenient services and extras, from in-house day spas to gourmet breakfasts and accommodations with waterfront vistas.
The Tudor-style home that now serves as the Vagabond’s House Boutique Inn and Spa Studio dates back to the 1920s. Just a short distance away lies the world-famous Ocean Avenue. Flat-screen TVs, freezers, fireplaces, and, in the more expensive suites, heated marble shower floors & views of the treetops in the courtyard are just some of the modern amenities included in the accommodations.
When you attend the evening wine event, you may mingle with other travelers while warming up by the fire pit or relaxing in the plush seating area. What’s up, man? You need a break, huh? Enjoy relaxing body treatments and views of the courtyard waterfall at the Spa Studio. Sunset Beach is just a ten-minute stroll away, perfect for a dip in the water or a day of sunbathing.
At the Wine Reception, guests can sample a variety of Californian wines, cheeses, and gourmet snacks.
The spa offered me a detoxifying warm rosemary & cypress sea salt scrub or a grapefruit and ginger body mask.
The Carriage House Inn, a charming bed and breakfast, can be found on a quiet side street just yards from the center of the action. Each of the deluxe rooms is outfitted with a feather bed, a fireplace, a flat-screen television, and a window seat overlooking Mission St. Recently remodelled suites, such as the lavish Premium Suite, now feature two-person jetted tubs.
Wine and light nibbles in the B&B’s library await you after a day of sightseeing. Start your day off properly with a continental breakfast delivered straight to your door. Close by, in the heart of downtown Carmel on Ocean Avenue, you’ll find unique stores and art galleries like Chartreuse & Two Sisters Designs.
- Fireplaces and bathtubs are two of the modern additions to the rooms.
- Cookies are prepared daily from scratch.
- In about 10 minutes, you may be in the Point Lobos State Reserve, where you can enjoy scuba diving or whale watching.
The Tally Ho Inn is conveniently located near Carmel Beach, & guests of many nationalities will appreciate the bed & breakfast’s beautiful English atmosphere. A big suite with its own deck and an ocean view are also available, in addition to standard rooms with pillow-top beds, flat-screen TVs, and Jacuzzi tubs.
Pine Inn, the sibling hotel of Tally Ho, features an Italian restaurant, Il Fornaio, and a bakery where guests may purchase sweet sweets and quick snacks. The English courtyard is a bright and cheerful place to take a break.
- On-site parking, a complimentary breakfast buffet, and access to the Internet are all provided.
- You may walk to the nearby stores and eateries from the Pine Inn.
- The Carmel Mission Basilica and Museum may be reached in just five minutes when traveling by automobile.
Just a short walk from the sand and surf, the Sandpiper Inn is a quaint country inn with a variety of comfortable lodging options. Each room features four-poster beds, a fireplace, and either a view of the garden or the beach in addition to excellent furnishings and decor. Separate entrances can be found for each cottage.
Have breakfast or afternoon tea on the picturesque terrace surrounded by blooming plants. Afterward, take a brief 2-minute stroll to Carmel Beach & wind off with an evening by the fire pit. Take the 17-Mile Drive through Pebble Beach if you’re in the mood for an exciting journey. It passes some stunning beaches and green golf fields.
There are many things to love about a B&B.
- Accommodations along the Carmel Beachfront with a water view.
- An inviting gathering place along with a library.
- The Monterey Bay Aquarium is about nine miles (14 kilometers) away.
You can easily reach either Carmel Beach or the heart of Carmel from The Hideaway, a beautiful 24-room boutique hotel. It also welcomes pets. Luxuriate in the comfort of your accommodation with amenities like down comforters, pillow top mattresses, plush robes, mini-refrigerators, coffee makers, and even PlumpJack wine. The first-floor king room is spacious, with a fireplace that can be enjoyed from either side of the room.
An excellent breakfast, prepared in the European style, is offered every morning. A cheese & wine reception is held in the evenings, and guests can mingle with fellow travellers while enjoying a glass of wine and a snack. There are two fantastic rooftop bars within a 5-minute walk of each other: Sadie’s and Vesuvio.
- Cereal, pastries, quiches, & fresh fruit make up this continental breakfast.
- There’s a quiet nook in the King Room with Reading Alcove that faces out onto the courtyard, and you can relax there while you read.
- A pet-friendly lodging complete with plush beds, ID tags, and tasty goodies for your furry friend.
The Carmel Country Inn offers several room types, including studios, one-bedroom suites, and two-bedroom rooms. In each one, you’ll find comforts like a fireplace and a tub. The French doors in this Luxury King Studio open up to a private, furnished balcony and a bathroom with a Jacuzzi tub. The more affordable King Studios include open layouts with gas fireplaces and flat-screen televisions.
HotelsCombined visitors particularly enjoy the hotel’s full breakfast served on the balcony, which has freshly baked French pastries. All day long, guests can enjoy drinks and nibbles from the country kitchen. Find out more about Point Lobos State Reserve’s nearby hiking options. There’s a chance of seeing orcas and grey whales as they pass the shore, pine forests, and cypress swamps.
- The two-bedroom, two-bathroom apartment can comfortably accommodate a group of five.
- Each morning, a complimentary breakfast buffet will be delivered to your room or terrace.
- Indulge in a moisturising facial or a muscle-melting massage as part of one of the many spa packages available.
Carmel’s wineries in Carmel Valley Village are a short walk from the Horizon Inn & Ocean View Lodge, which is located in the heart of Carmel-by-the-Sea. The rooms at the Horizon Inn are ideal for a romantic getaway thanks to the inclusion of fireplaces, private balconies, and spacious bathrooms with deep soaking tubs. The three-bedroom cottage apartments come fully equipped with a kitchen, two flat-screen TVs, or a washer and dryer.
- There’s plenty of room for the whole family in the cottage. There is a private sitting area and a laundry room for your use.
- The courtyard has a fireplace or a jacuzzi.
- There is convenient street parking available.
Lamplighter Inn is conveniently located within five minutes of the powdery white sands of Carmel Beach. Cottages with wood-burning fireplaces and whirlpool tubs are available as an upgrade from the posh standard rooms with sitting areas, flat-screen TVs, and minifridges.
De-stress in your own private gazebo while admiring the hand-crafted birdhouses, and then spend the evening chatting with other guests or curling up with a good book in front of the fire pit. If you want to view one of the most breathtaking stretches of California’s coastline, pack your bags and make the trip south to Big Sur.
- Pets are welcome, and some rooms even have amenities like beds and food bowls.
- Breakfast is on the house, including coffee, tea, bagels, pastries, and fruit.
- The Early Bird Room is perfect for families with its two double beds, table, and chairs.
The staff at the Candlelight Inn takes great pride in providing warm hospitality to each guest. Most rooms have fireplaces, Keurig coffee makers, and whirlpool tubs and are decorated in an English country style. If you and a travel companion need more space, consider booking the Standard Guestroom, Two Doubles.
Wake up to a complimentary breakfast and newspaper, then take in the scenery from the patio while snacking on cookies cooked from scratch every day. The Sunset Center for the Performing Arts is close by, and so is Ocean Avenue, where you may shop for new threads and vintage treasures alike.
- In the Premium Guestroom King, you’ll find a king-sized bed, a fireplace, and a jacuzzi tub with enough room for two.
- Free parking is available in the lot away from the street, and so is high-speed WiFi.
- You can pick from a wide variety of Attraction Packages. The Monterey Bay Aquarium and Poppy Hills Golf Course are just two of the places where you can save money.
Some of the 35 rooms and suites at Svendsgaard’s Inn feature fireplaces, kitchenettes, or flat-screen TVs; all overlook the inn’s gorgeous garden. While the Premium Suite offers two separate king-size beds, the Premium Guestroom features a jetted tub large enough for two.
Relax in the sun by the spacious heated pool or in the lush garden courtyard. Then, inquire about local spa treatments and wine-tasting excursions from the friendly staff. Dog beds, water bowls, snacks, the “Animal Planet” channel, and even a pet sitter are all available at the “pet-friendliest Inn in Carmel,” as the establishment likes to term itself.
- Every room is outfitted with a fireplace or a luxurious bathroom.
- Champagne, truffles, or a gift certificate to a fancy restaurant are all part of the romantic weekend getaway.
- Places that welcome pets There is a Keurig coffee maker, a flat-screen TV, and a double bed in the guest room.
Conveniently located in the pleasant neighborhood known as The Golden Rectangle is the charming boutique hotel, The Colonial Terrace. All 26 of the hotel’s rooms and suites include balconies, fireplaces, kitchens, whirlpool tubs, and views of the ocean, gardens, or courtyard and are furnished in a coastal style. Ocean-View Junior Suite amenities include a wet bar and a couch bed for extra guests.
There are handmade cookies, and free flashlights for late-night beach strolls as considerate touches. Free amenities include lounge chairs and bath towels. Have lunch on the beach with a personalized picnic basket from Colonial Terrace, or check out the precious antiques at Hearst Castle, a National Historic Landmark.
- Located about one kilometer from Carmel River State Beach, one of the finest beaches in California.
- Spa appointments, sightseeing itineraries, and museum admissions are just a few of the things that can be arranged for you by a concierge service.
- The spacious Ocean-View 2-Bedroom Suite features a living room, a dining room, or a balcony with a view of the ocean.
In Forest Hills Park, you’ll find kid-friendly playgrounds just a five-minute walk from the newly renovated Briarwood Inn. Stay in a Standard Guestroom to save money on a flat-screen TV, Keurig coffee maker, and small fridge, or upgrade to a Premium Guestroom King for a king-size bed, fireplace, and jacuzzi tub for two.
Eat your favorite breakfast delicacies in the morning in the garden area, which is shaded from the sun. Next, head back to the massive outdoor fireplace for another round of warming ambiance. What is your opinion of the arts? Don’t pass up the opportunity to view works of art at the adjacent Dawson Cole Fine Art Gallery and Weston Gallery.
- There are cosy fireplaces and deep, jetted tubs in which to indulge in some quality couple time.
- In about 15 minutes, you can be on Carmel Beach.
- Every day, cookies are cooked and given away at no cost.
It’s easy to forget about the outside world when you’re relaxing at the Lincoln Green Inn. Cottages from the past sit on grounds that are reminiscent of those in an English country estate. A magnificent Robin Hood cottage may accommodate a family or a small group of friends thanks to its two bedrooms, living room, and/or fully equipped kitchen. Cottages with one bedroom feature fireplaces, private patios, and flat-screen TVs.
When you’re done exploring Carmel-by-the-Sea, head back to your hotel for complimentary cheese and wine in the late afternoon. At breakfast, take in the garden’s pleasant scents of flowers and gnarled old trees. The beginning of the Scenic Drive Walkway, which features stunning ocean vistas, is only a short distance away, only three blocks away.
- Lovely English garden setting.
- Suitable for families, these cottages feature multiple bedrooms, a kitchen, and a fireplace.
- Every morning there is a continental breakfast provided in the room, and in the evenings there are events for guests to mingle.
Will my pet be welcome at any of the hotels you recommend?
With the exception of certified service animals, we cannot accommodate pets.
The Creekside Suite welcomes one licensed assistance dog at a time. To reserve a room at a hotel that welcomes pets, just give us a call at 805-927-3222. There is a non-refundable cost of $35 per stay for each dog. Check out our pet policies by clicking the link.
Is the Olallieberry Inn convenient downtown?
The Olallieberry Inn is located just two minutes walk from Cambria’s East Village, where you’ll find numerous shops and restaurants. There are a number of excellent restaurants within a five-minute walk of the inn, including Linn’s, Robin’s, Sow’s Ear, Las Cambritas, and Indigo Moon.
Do the rooms have televisions?
There isn’t a television in any of the guest rooms since we prefer a peaceful stay. On the other hand, if you’d rather watch shows or movies on your own device, we provide free high-speed wifi internet throughout the hotel.
The main house’s front room is stocked with entertainment options like a turntable and a collection of vinyl records, games, and a selection of magazines.
The Olallieberry Inn has accommodations suitable for families.
The tranquillity of Olallieberry Inn makes it ideal for guests above the age of 12, as well as their parents. With the Creekside Suite’s couch bed in the living room, parents can bring along two older children.
When is the ideal time to visit Carmel and stay in bed and breakfast?
Think about the year-round temps when planning your fantasy vacation to Carmel. September and October tend to be the hottest, with temperatures averaging 16°C.