Tender chicken rolled with ham and mozzarella cheese served with a rich dijon sauce!
Preparation time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 4 chicken breasts
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 8 slices deli ham
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Take chicken breast and cut it from the middle. Now flatten them using hammer.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over flattened chicken breast.
- Now place the turkey breast and mozzarella, then roll-up. Use toothpick to seal the edges.
- Now refrigerate for 30 minutes, coat it with flour then egg wash coat and then with Bread crumbs. Refrigerate again for 45-60 minutes.
- Take a pan and pour in 2 tbsp. of cooking oil and heat it.
- Fry on medium heat till the outer layer changes the color.
- Now bake for 15-20 minutes in preheated oven at 180 C.
Prepare the sauce:
- Take a saucepan and heat butter in it over medium heat. Now add flour and stir until golden brown. Now add milk and mustard and whisk slowly.
- Let it thicken for 5 minutes and add parmesan, stir to melt and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Now serve chicken cordon with sauce. Enjoy!