Chicken Cordon Bleu With Sauce Recipe
|chicken breasts||4 |
|Swiss cheese||8 slices|
|deli ham||8 slices|
|all-purpose flour||1 cup|
| large eggs||2 |
|panko bread crumbs||2 cups|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
|melted butter||4 tbsp|
| dried oregano||1 tsp|
|all-purpose flour||1/4 cup|
|Dijon mustard||2 tbsp|
|freshly grated Parmesan||1/4 cup|
Tender chicken rolled with ham and mozzarella cheese served with a rich dijon sauce!
Preparation time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 4 chicken breasts
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 8 slices deli ham
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Take chicken breast and cut it from the middle. Now flatten them using a hammer.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over flattened chicken breast.
- Now place the turkey breast and mozzarella, then roll-up. Use a toothpick to seal the edges.
- Now refrigerate for 30 minutes, coat it with flour then egg wash coat and then with Bread crumbs. Refrigerate again for 45-60 minutes.
- Take a pan and pour in 2 tbsp. of cooking oil and heat it.
- Fry on medium heat till the outer layer changes the colour.
- Now bake for 15-20 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 C.
Prepare the sauce:
- Take a saucepan and heat butter in it over medium heat. Now add flour and stir until golden brown. Now add milk and mustard and whisk slowly.
- Let it thicken for 5 minutes and add parmesan, stir to melt and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Now serve chicken cordon with sauce. Enjoy!
Calories in serving 246
Prep 1 hr 10 min
Cook 20 min