|vegetable oil||2 tbsp|
|beetroot, peeled and diced||6 cup|
|unsalted butter, diced||1/4 cup|
|onion, finely chopped||1|
|garlic, finely chopped||1 clove|
|1 1/2 cup||risotto rice|
|white wine||1/2 cup|
|vegetable stock||5 cup|
|parmesan, grated||1/3 cup|
|dill, finely chopped||15 sprigs|
Beetroot Risotto description
A rich creamy Beetroot Risotto seasoned with fresh herbs.
- Preheat an oven to 200C. Spread the beetroot over an oven tray and drizzle with vegetable oil and salt. Stir to combine then transfer to the oven to roast for 20 minutes.
- While the beetroot is roasting, begin the risotto. Place a medium sauté pan on medium heat and half of the unsalted butter.
- Stir in the finely chopped onion and sweat for 5 minutes until translucent. Then add the garlic and risotto rice, stir for 2 minutes to lightly toast.
- Add the white wine to the pan and reduce for 1 minute, allowing the alcohol to burn off and the liquid to be absorbed.
- Ladle one scoop of hot vegetable stock into the rice and stir until absorbed. Continue this process until the stock is finished and the rice is cooked. Stirring breaks down the starch within the rice to produce a perfectly creamy consistency.
- Finish with the remaining butter, parmesan, dill, cooked beetroot, the zest of half a lemon, and salt to taste.
- Serve the creamy beetroot risotto warm.