Hot And Sour Soup Recipe
|bean sprouts||¼ cup|
|green cabbage||1 cup|
|green capsicum||1 small|
|vegetable oil||2 tablespoon|
|spring onions (chopped)||3 tablespoon|
|ginger, garlic, green chilli (crushed)||2 tablespoon|
|dark soy sauce||6 tablespoon|
|red chilli sauce||4 tablespoon|
|water or vegetable stock||4 cups|
|Salt (to taste)|
|black pepper powder||½ teaspoon|
|spring greens (finely chopped)||¼ cup|
|red chilli oil||5 tablespoon|
Comfort food at its best, hot and sour soup goes for summers and winters. Health and deliciousness all in one bowl.
- 5-6 French beans
- 1 medium-sized carrot
- ¼ cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup green cabbage
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 small green capsicum
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoon spring onions (chopped)
- 2 tablespoon ginger, garlic, green chili (crushed)
- 6 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 4 tablespoon red chili sauce
- 5 tablespoon vinegar
- 4 cups water or vegetable stock
- Salt (to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- 3 tablespoon cornflour
- ¼ cup spring greens (finely chopped)
- 5 tablespoon red chili oil
- Firstly, cut beans, capsicum, cabbage, carrots, and mushrooms into julienning cut finely.
- Take a walk and pour oil in it. When it starts smoking, lower the flame and add crushed ginger-garlic green chili and sliced vegetables.
- Stir fry the vegetables at high flame.
- Add water or vegetable stock and boil on high flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Once boiled, add dark soy sauce followed by white vinegar and red chili sauce and mix it well.
- Now add salt, black pepper, and sugar and stir it. Sugar is used not to make it sweet but to balance salt and heat.
- The next step is to add the mushrooms and bean sprouts. Do not mix.
- Mix cornflour with water in a separate bowl until no lumps are seen. Now add this mixture into the boiling soup.
- To finish, stir and add spring greens.
- Finally, pour red chili oil all over the soup to serve.
Hot And Sour Soup Last Words
Hearty and savory, hot and sour soup is definitely food for the soul. As an appetizer or a meal, it will definitely leave you hungry for more.