Hot And Sour Soup Recipe
|bean sprouts||¼ cup|
|green cabbage||1 cup|
|green capsicum||1 small|
|vegetable oil||2 tablespoon|
|spring onions (chopped)||3 tablespoon|
|ginger, garlic, green chilli (crushed)||2 tablespoon|
|dark soy sauce||6 tablespoon|
|red chilli sauce||4 tablespoon|
|water or vegetable stock||4 cups|
|Salt (to taste)|
|black pepper powder||½ teaspoon|
|spring greens (finely chopped)||¼ cup|
|red chilli oil||5 tablespoon|
Comfort food at its best, hot and sour soup goes for summers and winters. Health and deliciousness all in one bowl.
- 5-6 French beans
- 1 medium-sized carrot
- ¼ cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup green cabbage
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 small green capsicum
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoon spring onions (chopped)
- 2 tablespoon ginger, garlic, green chilli (crushed)
- 6 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 4 tablespoon red chilli sauce
- 5 tablespoon vinegar
- 4 cups water or vegetable stock
- Salt (to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- 3 tablespoon cornflour
- ¼ cup spring greens (finely chopped)
- 5 tablespoon red chilli oil
- Firstly, cut beans, capsicum, cabbage, carrots, and mushrooms into julienning cut finely.
- Take a wok and pour oil in it. When it starts smoking, lower the flame and add crushed ginger-garlic green chilli and sliced vegetables.
- Stir fry the vegetables at high flame.
- Add water or vegetable stock and boil on high flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Once boiled, add dark soy sauce followed by white vinegar and red chilli sauce and mix it well.
- Now add salt, black pepper and sugar and stir it. Sugar is used not to make it sweet but to balance salt and heat.
- Next step is to add the mushrooms and bean sprouts. Do not mix.
- Mix cornflour with water in a separate bowl until no lumps are seen. Now add this mixture into the boiling soup.
- To finish, stir and add spring greens.
- Finally, pour red chilli oil all over the soup to serve.
Hearty and savoury, hot and sour soup is definitely food for the soul. As an appetizer or a meal, it will definitely leave you hungry for more.